And I could write sonnets about her eyes,
Whereas, All I can seem to come up with for yours
is a textbook definition.
2. no matter how many times your health teacher tells you about the kid in the town over who died in a drunk driving accident, some of your friends will still get trashed off nips at one in the morning.
3. everyone has a story and everyone is fighting a battle that you know nothing about. remember that when you come across someone you don’t get along with.
4. it is possible for a boy to break your heart even when you aren’t together.
5. you are allowed to put your own needs first. forget pulling an all-nighter to try to finish that essay. watch an episode of your favorite TV show on netflix then go to bed early. it’s okay to put your mental health before school.
6. your friends will fuck up really bad one day and the most you can do is be there for them. they dug their own graves, it’s not your job to get them out.
7. people change, and that includes you.
8. people will hurt you, and you will hurt people. learn to apologize, and learn to forgive.
9. no one can save you but yourself.
10. do what you can about your mistakes, make peace with them, but don’t dwell on them. you can’t change the past, but you can determine what it makes of you.
11. prince charming doesn’t come riding in on a white horse. he’ll be wearing unfitted jeans and an old t shirt, and he won’t give you the happily ever after that you dreamed about when you were 11 years old.
12. you will go into your freshman year with certain friends, but by the start of your junior year, you’ll have totally different people in your life. and that’s perfectly okay. people are meant to grow apart.
13. have faith in the fact that everything happens for a reason. you’ll look back over the last few years and realize how everything happened in order to get you to where you needed to be.
14. people aren’t just black and white. there are always shades of grey.
15. always doesn’t mean forever.
16. you deserve so much more than someone who doesn’t know how to respect you.
17. make as many mistakes as you can, it’s how you learn. but be careful, some mistakes are unforgivable and more importantly, irreversible.
18. some of your best memories will be made with people you barely knew 3 months prior.
19. all it takes is being at the wrong place at the wrong time for your whole life to be flipped upside down.
20. you’ll graduate sooner than you think. you will never see most of your classmates or teachers ever again, and that is both a good and bad thing. so enjoy it. cherish your youth. cherish every damn minute of it, because once that graduation cap comes off, you’re in the real world, and there’s no turning back.
I can’t sleep anymore.
I’m driven crazy,
night after night
I was wrong about you.
You’re not the person
I thought you were.
It kills me
it was all a lie
every last bit of it
and I guess I was just
before it was too late.
You called to tell me you love me,
When okay was my only reply
And then I pressed the end button.
when you can literally feel your heart breaking
not fast and clean, no
a slow vein by vein tear
that leaves spirits speechless
and very aware.
able to say your name and
not skip a heartbeat.